Healthwatch Reading and our advocacy service Reading Voice, are continuing to offer services to Reading people during the coronavirus pandemic.
We aim to:
- use our strong partnerships with NHS and wellbeing services to bring you the most up to date picture about the availability of local services during this time
- use our remit to ask questions of local service leaders to ensure local people have the most accurate information, without adding unnecessary pressure to services at this busy time
- continue to run our Reading Voice advocacy service via email and phone, and in person for emergency/safeguarding cases, subject to risk assessment
- bring you more frequent editions of this electronic newsletter
- offer the time and expertise of our DBS-checked staff to the local effort to support vulnerable people in our town.
Due to Reading Borough Council closing the building in which our office team are based, our telephone helpline service and face-to-face drop-in service for the general public, which was running Monday to Friday, will stop until further notice. However people can still contact us via email, text or using the contact form on our website.
We will also be regularly updating our website, and our twitter account, with Reading-specific information about access to NHS, social care and wellbeing services.