Healthwatch Reading is looking for a manager to run our Reading Voice advocacy service.
The part-time role has a starting salary of £29,636 pro rota. The successful candidate will help us deliver:
- statutory NHS Complaints Advocacy
- statutory Independent Mental Health Advocacy
- statutory Care Act Advocacy
- non-statutory Social Care Complaints Advocacy.
Reading Voice also occasionally provides other types of advocacy such as supporting adults with extra needs going through child protection hearings.
If you're passionate about ensuring local voices are heard, especially those of the most vulnerable in our community, please read the job specification and apply by 9am, 19 October 2020.
In other staff updates:
- Pat Bunch has been appointed to the role of Healthwatch Reading team manager. She was previously an engagement officer and NHS complaints advocate within our team, so brings extensive experience and knowledge to her new role.
- Previous Healthwatch Reading manager, Rebecca Curtayne, remains in the team in her new role of Communications Lead, managing our websites, social media, publications, and media liaison.
- We have waved goodbye to Catherine Williams after five and a half years with us. As well as being a dedicated engagement officer and NHS complaints advocate, Catherine was also seconded to Healthwatch England in a policy role and then served as a manager liaising between local Healthwatch in Reading, Wokingham and West Berkshire and the Berkshire West Integrated Care Partnership. We wish her well in her new role, based at Healthwatch Oxfordshire, of Healthwatch BOB ICS Liaison Lead (BOB ICS stands for Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West Integrated Care System).