Our team will still be offering a free, independent and confidential service to Reading people throughout the third lockdown via virtual ways of working.
We're open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm for local people or professionals to contact us via phone, email or in some cases, video calls. However we will not normally be able to meet people in person due to lockdown rules or visiting restrictions of NHS hospitals or care homes.
We run two services: the local statutory Healthwatch service for our community and the Reading Voice advocacy hub providing a range of one-to-one support guaranteed under law to certain people.
The range of help we offer
- Trusted information on how to use the NHS and other services at this time
- Regular updates on our website, Facebook, and Twitter
- Increased frequency of our emailed newsletter to bring you vital updates
- One-to-one phone or email advice for individuals with concerns about their care
- Taking feedback about experiences of care and sharing themes with services
- Using our statutory role to influence local leaders to address the public's concerns
Reading Voice advocacy hub:
Provides a range of one-to-one support for Reading residents including:
- Statutory NHS Complaints Advocacy
- Statutory Care Act Advocacy
- Statutory Independent Mental Health Advocacy
- Social Care Complaints Advocacy
- Parent Advocacy in Child Protection
Contact Reading Voice
07365 519 920 (remote working helpline while our office is closed during Covid)