Here are the results of latest inspections by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) of Reading NHS and social care organisations:
iCare 2018, Reading
- Type of service: Home care company, helping people with personal care like getting up and dressed
- Inspection date: 8 December 2021, the first for the service
- Report published: 23 December 2021
- Rating: ‘Good’
- Key findings: The CQC said people receiving home care visits from this service ‘experienced exceptionally person-centred care, which achieved outstanding outcomes, significantly enriching and improving the quality of their lives’.
- Evidence: A CQC inspector spoke with three people who used the service, six relatives, one advocate and two representatives, as well as five staff. The CQC also looked at care records, staff files and policies.
Castle Hill Clinic, Tilehurst, Reading
- Type of service: Dental practice for NHS and private patients
- Inspection Date: 11 November 2021
- Report published: 7 December 2021
- Key findings: The CQC said the clinic was providing safe, effective and well-led services. The clinic had introduced appointment reminders as a result of patient feedback.
- Evidence: One inspector and a specialist dental advisor from the CQC spoke with two dentists, a dental nurse, a receptionist and the practice manager, and also looked at practice policies, procedures and other records.
Mulberry House, Wokingham Rd, Reading
- Type of service: Nursing and residential care home for older people, some who may have dementia or learning disabilities. At the time of inspection 22 people were living there.
- Inspection date: 26 October 2021
- Report published: 19 November 2021
- Rating: ‘Good’
- Key findings: The CQC carried out an unannounced inspection and found the care home ‘good’ in all five key areas (being safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led).
- Evidence: The inspection team spoke with seven staff, four people living at the home, and six relatives. People’s care records were also reviewed as well as care home policies and staff records.