A review of reports by five local Healthwatch has shown consisent themes affecting health inequalities.
- This review was undertaken on behalf of the local Healthwatch in Reading, Wokingham, West Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire and submitted to the Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West Integrated Care System
- The review covered 21 reports published by the five local Healthwatch, 2018-20
- Reports included views of 1200+ people: those experiencing homelessness, mental health needs and learning disabilities; people seeking asylum; & people who were pregnant, LGBT+, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, military veterans or boaters.
- The two consistent themes were the need to improve communication and access.
- We have called for patient experience to be systematically and transparently measured to drive improvements.