We carried out an online survey from 25 March-25 April 2021, which was answered by 339 people who had strong feelings about this issue.
- 54% of respondents told us they found it difficult to get through to their GP survey on the phone, compared to 34% of local people in a survey last year
- 67% were put on hold, 20% got an engaged tone and 10% were cut off
- 22% of people had to wait 10-30 minutes for their call to be answered, 15%, longer
- 51% of people living in central or south Reading said calling their surgery was difficult, compared with 22% in west Reading and 8% in north Reading
- Phone access has been worsened due to surgeries switching off online booking.
- Berkshire West Clinical Commissioning Group - which oversees local GP surgeries - has told us they will ask surgeries to make a range of improvements